Hi, St. Augustine Pride Parade walkers and volunteers! We are just a few days away from the 2022 Pride Parade. Reminder: The parade will begin at 10:00am on Saturday June 25th. I am sending this email to provide you with all of the details of the day.
KEY EVENTS / TIMES (Saturday June 25th)
1) 8:00 am – the float trailer will be in place at St. Paul's Cathedral (127 NW 7th St.) and decorating will begin. Donuts and water will be provided by the Cathedral.
2) 8:50 am - Holy Eucharist will take place in the Cathedral parking lot.
3) 9:10 am – We will start moving toward the line-up zone/staging area at NW 6th and Walker.
4) 10:00 am - The parade begins.
5) When the parade ends, you may stay and enjoy Scissortail Park if you choose. The float trailer will head North on Robinson back to the Cathedral and as many as can fit can be on it. Others may take the downtown streetcars back to the Cathedral. There is a streetcar station at the ending point of the parade. One-day passes are available online and can be purchased in advance. Click here for more details about the streetcar route and passes.
The parade will begin at NW 6th and Walker and will proceed South on Walker to Oklahoma City Boulevard. It will then turn East onto Oklahoma City Boulevard and will end in front of the main stage at Scissortail Park (near Oklahoma City Boulevard and Robinson).
LINE-UP DETAILS / PARADE STAGING
The line-up of parade participants will begin at the intersection of NW 6th and Walker. The parade will line up in numerical order (each organization in the parade has a line-up number – our line-up number is 50) on NW 6th Street from Walker west to Lee Avenue.
As you can see by the times above, we will meet at St. Paul’s Cathedral (where you may park) and proceed from the Cathedral to the parade line-up / staging area at about 9:10am. If you prefer to meet at the line-up / staging area, please remember there will likely be traffic congestion and limited parking so please plan accordingly.
IT’S SUMMER, Y’ALL
Please remember that the hot summer temperatures have arrived! Remember to stay well-hydrated before, during, and after the parade. The parade organizers suggest wearing light-colored clothing, sunscreen, and bringing bottled water. We will have additional bottled water available for walkers.
If you know of others who would like to join us (or who I have accidentally left off of this email), please forward this email to them. If they haven’t signed up to walk yet, please encourage them to do so by clicking here (once on the website, click the Pride Parade tab).
If you have any questions, please let me know. The best way to reach me is via email or my cell phone (405-615-8997).
Thanks to each of you for your wonderful support. Let’s get our Pride on!!